We want to set our teachers up for success. That’s why we have a strict set of criteria you must meet to be considered to teach in the United States with FACES:
- A professional level of spoken and written English.
- Must hold a university degree equivalent to a four-year, U.S. Bachelors Degree.
- Your degree must correspond to the subject you want to teach. For example:
- To teach Math you must have a Math Education Degree; an Engineering or Accounting Degree is not acceptable.
- To teach Special Education, you must have a degree in Special Education; a degree in General Education is not sufficient.
- To teach Spanish, you must have a degree in Spanish Teaching or a degree in English Teaching if you are a native Spanish Speaker.
- Your degree must have a teaching component. For example, you should have completed courses in pedagogy, methods of teaching, psychological development, teaching internship, etc.
- At least two (2) years classroom teaching experience since receiving your undergraduate degree.
- A driver’s license and one year of driving experience.
- Official good conduct certificate from the local police department.
- General good health.